- Popular Services
- All Services
- Dredging & Restoration
- Environmental Monitoring & Compliance
- GeoSpatial & Engineering Services
- Outreach & Education Services
- Renewable Energy
- Solid Waste
- Water & Wastewater
Biosolids benefit agriculture, the economy, and our environment. MES facilities beneficially reused approximately 60% of our biosolids, or 24,000 tons of material, in 2016.
After meeting the appropriate U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Maryland State standards, biosolids can be recycled and used as a fertilizer and soil amendment. Biosolids are rich in nitrogen and phosphorus and contain other micronutrients for plant growth.
Maryland Environmental Service Biosolid Management services include:
- Operational support and oversight services for wastewater plants
- Regulatory permitting assistance
- Compliance monitoring and reporting
- Long-term capital projects planning
- Preparing biosolids management plans and evaluation of solids handling, treatment, and end-use options
For more information, please contact Jason Gillespie.