- Return to Conference
- Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford
- Steven R. Schuh, County Executive, Anne Arundel County
- Andrew Winston, Globally Recognized Green Business Expert
- The Hon. Wayne T. Gilchrest, U.S. House of Representatives (former), Maryland
- Mark J. Belton, Secretary, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Luis E. Borunda, Deputy Secretary of State, Office of the Secretary of State
- Kevin Brennan, Chief, Navigation Branch, Operations Division of the US Army Corps of Engineers, Baltimore District
- Laura Bruner, Organization Effectiveness, Mission Systems Division, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Patty Bubar, Acting Director, Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
- Lauren Buckler, Assistant Secretary - Design, Construction & Energy, Maryland Department of General Services
- Ellington E. Churchill, Jr., Secretary, Maryland Department of General Services
- Chris Correale, Director of Harbor Development, MDOT Maryland Port Administration
- James Deriu, Vice President, Regional Practice Leader, KCI Technologies
- Joel Dunn, President & CEO, Chesapeake Conservancy
- Peter Ettinger, Executive Vice President, BTS Bioenergy
- Greg Farley, Director Office of Sustainability, Washington College
- Craig L. Fuller, CEO and Chairman, The Fuller Company
- Justen Garrity, Founder and President, Veteran Compost
- Adam Genn, Director of Development, Weller Development Company
- Peter Goodwin, President, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Ben Grumbles, Secretary, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Michael Harris, Chief Financial Officer, Maryland Environmental Service
- Steve Hellem, President, Navista
- Troy Hunt, Vice President, Operations, Corvias
- Andrew Jakubowitch, Senior Engineer, Century Engineering, Water/Wastewater Division
- Eileen Kao, Chief of the Waste Reduction and Recycling Section, Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
- Rick Kilbourne, Senior Manager, Solar Business Development, Constellation Energy
- Shawn Kreloff, Executive Director, CEO Americas, BTS Bioenergy
- Kaley Laleker, Acting Director, Land and Materials Administration, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Steve Levitsky, Vice President of Sustainability, Perdue Farms
- Dominique Lueckenhoff, Acting Director, Water Protection Division, US EPA Region 3
- Justin Mattingly, Research Manager, Water Research Foundation
- Thomas Maulding, Vice President and General Counsel, Weller Development Company
- Roy McGrath, Director/CEO, Maryland Environmental Service
- Denise Naguib, Vice President, Sustainability & Supplier Diversity, Marriott International
- Adam Ortiz, Director, Prince George’s County Department of the Environment
- Mark Reemts, PE, Managing Engineer, Anchor QEA, LLC
- Susan Robinson, Senior Public Affairs Director, Waste Management
- Matthew Rowe, Assistant Director, Water and Science Administration, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Marilyn Rybak, Associate Director, Prince George’s County
- Jeff Salkin, News Anchor, Maryland Public Television
- Andrew Sargent, Senior Business Development Representative, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Joe Seehusen, Director, Housing & Building Energy Programs, Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development
- Christopher B. Shank, Chief Legislative Officer, Governor Larry Hogan
- Patricia Sinicropi, Executive Director, WateReuse Association
- Liz Sitter, Professional Engineer
- Matthew R. Stanton, Vice President, Global Public Policy, Under Armour
- Eileen Straughan, President and Founder, Straughan Environmental Inc.
- Mary Beth Tung, Director, Maryland Energy Administration
- Beth Wojton, Deputy Director/COO, Maryland Environmental Service
- Jason Ziss, Business Development Director, Kurtz Bros., Inc.
2019 Environmental Business Leadership Conference
The Four Seasons Hotel, Baltimore, Maryland
July 10, 2019
Liz Sitter, Professional Engineer
Elizabeth (Liz) is a Civil and Environmental Engineer with 17 years’ experience in water, wastewater, and reuse water infrastructure including pipelines, pumping stations, water storage and treatment plants. Liz graduated from George Mason University with a BS in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering in 2001 and is a professional engineer in Virginia and Maryland.
Liz managed a Reclaimed Water Program development in Ashburn Virginia. She developed the reuse application, Reclaimed Water Management Plan, Cross Connection, and Backflow Prevention Program, public outreach, reclaimed water rate development, and service agreement templates.
She implemented the use of these documents through design, and construction of approximately 5 miles of 16” diameter reclaimed water main, and a dispensing station. These projects included permitting, stream crossings and use of trenchless technologies to cross limited access highways and roads.
She obtained funding for two reclaimed water pipeline projects, totaling approximately $1.8 million, through the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ’s) Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund. Additional project requirements associated with this funding source included Davis-Bacon requirements, SWAM/DBE solicitation, and Buy American.
2008 through 2010, Liz presented 26 times to various audiences about Loudoun Water’s Reclaimed Water Program, including potential customers, Loudoun County Economic Development, the Bureau of Reclamation, and water professionals at state conferences.
Liz also has experience in successful collaboration with internal and external customers, contractors, and regulatory agencies in construction management and administration, plan review, capital construction, and land development projects.