- Return to Conference
- Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford
- Steven R. Schuh, County Executive, Anne Arundel County
- Andrew Winston, Globally Recognized Green Business Expert
- The Hon. Wayne T. Gilchrest, U.S. House of Representatives (former), Maryland
- Mark J. Belton, Secretary, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Luis E. Borunda, Deputy Secretary of State, Office of the Secretary of State
- Kevin Brennan, Chief, Navigation Branch, Operations Division of the US Army Corps of Engineers, Baltimore District
- Laura Bruner, Organization Effectiveness, Mission Systems Division, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Patty Bubar, Acting Director, Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
- Lauren Buckler, Assistant Secretary - Design, Construction & Energy, Maryland Department of General Services
- Ellington E. Churchill, Jr., Secretary, Maryland Department of General Services
- Chris Correale, Director of Harbor Development, MDOT Maryland Port Administration
- James Deriu, Vice President, Regional Practice Leader, KCI Technologies
- Joel Dunn, President & CEO, Chesapeake Conservancy
- Peter Ettinger, Executive Vice President, BTS Bioenergy
- Greg Farley, Director Office of Sustainability, Washington College
- Craig L. Fuller, CEO and Chairman, The Fuller Company
- Justen Garrity, Founder and President, Veteran Compost
- Adam Genn, Director of Development, Weller Development Company
- Peter Goodwin, President, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Ben Grumbles, Secretary, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Michael Harris, Chief Financial Officer, Maryland Environmental Service
- Steve Hellem, President, Navista
- Troy Hunt, Vice President, Operations, Corvias
- Andrew Jakubowitch, Senior Engineer, Century Engineering, Water/Wastewater Division
- Eileen Kao, Chief of the Waste Reduction and Recycling Section, Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
- Rick Kilbourne, Senior Manager, Solar Business Development, Constellation Energy
- Shawn Kreloff, Executive Director, CEO Americas, BTS Bioenergy
- Kaley Laleker, Acting Director, Land and Materials Administration, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Steve Levitsky, Vice President of Sustainability, Perdue Farms
- Dominique Lueckenhoff, Acting Director, Water Protection Division, US EPA Region 3
- Justin Mattingly, Research Manager, Water Research Foundation
- Thomas Maulding, Vice President and General Counsel, Weller Development Company
- Roy McGrath, Director/CEO, Maryland Environmental Service
- Denise Naguib, Vice President, Sustainability & Supplier Diversity, Marriott International
- Adam Ortiz, Director, Prince George’s County Department of the Environment
- Mark Reemts, PE, Managing Engineer, Anchor QEA, LLC
- Susan Robinson, Senior Public Affairs Director, Waste Management
- Matthew Rowe, Assistant Director, Water and Science Administration, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Marilyn Rybak, Associate Director, Prince George’s County
- Jeff Salkin, News Anchor, Maryland Public Television
- Andrew Sargent, Senior Business Development Representative, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Joe Seehusen, Director, Housing & Building Energy Programs, Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development
- Christopher B. Shank, Chief Legislative Officer, Governor Larry Hogan
- Patricia Sinicropi, Executive Director, WateReuse Association
- Liz Sitter, Professional Engineer
- Matthew R. Stanton, Vice President, Global Public Policy, Under Armour
- Eileen Straughan, President and Founder, Straughan Environmental Inc.
- Mary Beth Tung, Director, Maryland Energy Administration
- Beth Wojton, Deputy Director/COO, Maryland Environmental Service
- Jason Ziss, Business Development Director, Kurtz Bros., Inc.
2019 Environmental Business Leadership Conference
The Four Seasons Hotel, Baltimore, Maryland
July 10, 2019
Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford
Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford is an accomplished attorney with a lifetime of experience in both the public and private sectors. He served as Associate Administrator for the U.S. General Services Administration, where he was responsible for increasing utilization of small businesses in government procurement, as well as continually improving the efficiency of the agency.
In addition, Lt. Governor Rutherford served as Assistant Secretary for Administration for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). He was nominated for the position by President George W. Bush, and confirmed unanimously by the United States Senate. As Assistant Secretary, Lt. Governor Rutherford led efforts that saved millions of taxpayer dollars.
Prior to serving in the USDA, Lt. Governor Rutherford served as the Secretary of the Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) under Governor Bob Ehrlich. In that capacity, Lt. Governor Rutherford was responsible for more than $900 million in annual contract administration and 10 million square feet of State owned and leased facilities. As Secretary of DGS, Lt. Governor Rutherford continued to find creative ways to save Maryland taxpayers millions of dollars, while also initiating and completing the expansion and renovation of numerous State buildings.
In addition to his public service, Lt. Governor Rutherford has extensive legal and business experience, including service in business and government law, information technology sales, and small and minority business development.
Lt. Governor Rutherford holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Political Science from Howard University. Additionally, he has a Master’s Degree in Communications Management and a law degree, both from the University of Southern California.
Lt. Governor Rutherford resides in Columbia, Maryland with his wife Monica. They have three adult children.